Choosing the right mortgage can mean significant savings over the life of your loan. Whether you need conventional, government or jumbo financing up to $3M, SIRVA Mortgage has an option that’s right for you.
Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARM)
Fixed Rate Loans
Want stable monthly payments? Consider a fixed rate home loan. Although the rates are generally higher than an adjustable-rate loan, the predictability makes this plan a smart choice for a conservative buyer.
Benefits of a Fixed Rate:
- Your rate is fixed for the life of the loan.
- Stable monthly principal and interest payments.
- Different loan terms, 10, 15, 20, and 30 years, let you choose the option that is right for you.
Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs) offer a fixed initial rate that is typically lower than a 30-year fixed rate, allowing for lower initial monthly payments. After the initial period, the loan will adjust annually based on a predetermined index and margin. Consider this option if you plan on selling your home before the initial fixed period or if you think interest rates will decrease over time.
Benefits of an Adjustable Rate:
- Lower initial rate means a lower initial monthly payment.
- You can choose between different initial fixed terms, 5, 7, and 10 years, to best fit your needs.
- Payments are adjusted so that you will pay the loan off over 30 years.
Are you a Veteran or Active Duty member of the U.S. Military? If so, you may qualify for a VA-guaranteed home loan. The VA loan program offers eligible veterans access to one of the best loan programs available.
Benefits of a VA Loan:
- Allows the veteran to get a loan with 0% down.
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI), even with less than 20% down.
- Highly competitive rates when compared to traditional conforming loans.
Backed by the Fair Housing Administration, FHA Loans are a popular option for those who are looking for more flexible guidelines. An FHA loan may be a good choice for First Time Home Buyers, those with little money to put down, or lower credit scores.
Benefits of an FHA Loan:
- Put as little as 3.5% down.
- Lower credit score requirements than most other loans.
- Flexible underwriting guidelines may still allow you to qualify even if you have a less than perfect credit history.
If you are looking to finance over $484,350 in most areas (up to $726,525 in certain qualifying areas), then you will need to secure jumbo financing.
Benefits of a jumbo mortgage:
- Allows you to secure a loan amount of up to $3,000,000.
- Both fixed and adjustable-rate mortgage options allow you to choose the right loan for you.
When you are looking to access the equity in your home, consolidate debts, or just take advantage of lower interest rates then it is time to consider refinancing. Refinancing is a great way to save money or finance a home improvement project you have been considering.
Benefits of Refinancing:
- Secure a lower monthly payment by taking advantage of lower rates.
- Access the equity that you have built in your home through a cash-out.
- Consolidate other high interest
debts into an overall lower monthly payment.